Monday, February 2, 2009

Black History Cinema Month



In 1991, I transferred from a majority white Kindergarten in Tampa, FL to a Majority black Kindergarten in Decatur, GA. My new school, Woodridge Elementary, took Black History very seriously. There were plays and presentations based on historical black figures and large posters with portraits and biographical information that were displayed near the ceilings throughout Cafeteria. My school went all out for Black History Month...

Keeping true to tradition, I will be celebrating Black History month by reviewing, discussing, and presenting some of my favorite (and not so favorite) black films.

To spark off Black Cinema Month I present the trailer to one of my personal favorites, Melvin Van Peebles' Story of a Three Day Pass.

No comments: